Pages

Saturday, May 10

Kudos: Why I’ll Never Apologize for My White Male Privilege

If you haven't read the piece, "Why I’ll Never Apologize for My White Male Privilege" I urge you to click the link and consider reading it.

-----
Excerpt:
Behind every success, large or small, there is a story, and it isn’t always told by sex or skin color. My appearance certainly doesn’t tell the whole story, and to assume that it does and that I should apologize for it is insulting. While I haven’t done everything for myself up to this point in my life, someone sacrificed themselves so that I can lead a better life. But that is a legacy I am proud of.

I have checked my privilege. And I apologize for nothing.
-----

The excerpt I chose can universally be applied to everyone who has achieved success in our country.

I've had port visits in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Pacific Islands. The experiences from those visits have shaped my perspective on life. All Americans should check their privilege, and ensure they are not taking "privilege" whatever that means to you for granted, and never apologize for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment