Pages

Tuesday, March 3

U.S. Navy Reenlistment Another Sailor Continues to Support the Mission

I had the honor of reenlisting a bright and talented Sailor Friday. In this blog is the design of the plaque that I gifted to her to mark the day, and the speech I delivered on her behalf. 

The ceremony was a resounding success, and I am glad I was able to be a part of it.


Reenlistment short words:

We’re gathered to discharge and reenlist IT1 Marcus.

Serving in the U.S. Navy is challenging and service is not for everyone.

Perform to Serve and high retention ensures competition among our best and brightest just for the opportunity to reenlist.  Bottom line, today’s Sailors face challenges that will at best help them determine if they want to stay Navy or at worse force them to separate.

In the case of IT1 Marcus, she has turned challenges into opportunities.

Enlisting undesignated, she overcame the challenge of finding a rate and struck the IT. The rest is history, she has excelled as evidenced by her advancement to First Class within 5 years of entering the rate.

She’s a leader; on watch she led her team in supporting submarines on missions of national importance. Her efforts helped ensure our submarines maintained the ability to communicate with headquarters in order to deter aggression and maintain freedom on the high seas.

As Committee Treasurer, she dedicated numerous off-duty hours to ensure the 114th Submarine Birthday Ball was successful, and it was.  Even though she will not be able to attend, she contributed to the fundraising efforts of the 115th Submarine Birthday Ball.  And for that, as Committee President, I thank you.

Lastly, serving in Japan, she’s an ambassador for the U.S. Navy, and American women, which she represents both well.  More importantly, she’s a role model and example for her beautiful daughter Brooklyn to aspire to.

The Navy, once considered a place where you could accelerate your life.  We are a Global Force for Good.  And while we are not perfect, we are the World’s Finest Navy.  When I look at Information Systems Technician First Class Ayanna Marcus I see a young motivated Sailor that is going to do big things in our organization, I see the future of America’s Navy.

Thank you for choosing to stay Navy, the Navy is nothing without outstanding people; the Navy would be nothing without you.  Everyone - please join me in a round of applause for IT1 Marcus.

With that, it is my privilege to discharge and distinct honor to reenlist IT1 Marcus.

Attention to Discharge:

Words…


Attention to Reenlistment

I, (name), do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment